the Welsh Horse yeomanry
The WELSH HORSE YEOMANRY was adopted from the name of the regiment of THE WELSH HORSE which was formed in Cardiff in 1914 and served throughout the First World War in Gallipoli, Egypt, Palistine, France and Flanders and disbanded in 1919.
Our crest is based on the leek cap badge of the original Welsh Horse and our uniform is based on that worn by lancer regiments in the 1890s.
The green facings were adopted from the green cloth badges of the original WELSH HORSE and the plumes and lance pennons are in the Welsh tudor colours of green and white.
Telephone and Facsimile: 01558 822377